Lonavala is an enchanting hill station that is guaranteed to captivate your senses and compel you to come back for more. Perched up high amidst the Sahyadri ranges in Maharashtra, Lonavala is a naturally blessed region with verdant hills, lush forests, cascading waterfalls, serene lakes, ancient caves, spectacular viewpoints and the cool and pleasant Lonavala weather.
If all these scenic beauties were not enough, the region is now slowly developing into an adventure sports hub, with a variety of sports activities being offered like paragliding, hot air balloon safari, waterfall rappelling, trekking, rafting and a bunch of other water sports. It is this eclectic mix of nature and adventure that draws in tourists from all over to this petite little hill station.
Lonavala not only serves as a great weekend getaway but is also a great honeymoon destination with the misty environment and cool climes offering the cosiest setup to couples to celebrate their togetherness. There are plenty of attractions that Lonavala has to offer to young couples to make their honeymoon truly memorable. Here are a few must see/do things you can try out in Lonavala;
- Tiger’s Leap: Tiger’s leap is one of the most popular tourist attraction in Lonavala. It is basically a cliff top with an absolute drop of more than 650 m that offers
captivatingview of the lush surroundings, valleys andthe majestic Western Ghats. Locally referred to as Waghdari, this cliff top gets its unique name owing to its resemblance to the shape of a leaping tiger. It is a great place to enjoy romantic sunrise and sunset views.
- Lohagad Fort: Lohagad Fort once a stronghold of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj is another popular tourist attraction of Lonavala which you and your partner are surely going to enjoy. The fort sits atop a hillock and getting to it requires some emphatic trekking post which one is greeted with the magnanimity of the fort and an impressive view of the surrounding hills and villages.
- Kune Falls: Kune Falls is a stunning three-tiered waterfall cascading down from a height of 200 m. This waterfall is divided into two sections and is completely surrounded by lush greenery. It is a must-visit attraction of Lonavala that offers a visual experience like none other.
- Ryewood Park & Shivaji Udyan: Ryewood Park and Shivaji Udayan are two extensive gardens with numerous old towering trees. It is a popular picnic spot in Lonavala and is a great place to head to for some quiet time with your partner. There is also an old Shiva temple inside one of the gardens.
- Karla and Bhaja Caves: The Karla and Bhaja caves are marvellous remnants of ancient Buddhist temple art in India. The Karla cave complex comprises of 16 rock-cut cave shrines while the Bhaja caves complex comprises of 22 rock cut caves. There is also a small waterfall and a pond beside it in the last cave of the Bhaja caves.
There is also no dearth of quality hotels and resorts in Lonavala however if you are looking for a unique experience head over to Machan treehouse resort. As the name suggests Machan offers luxurious treehouse accommodations to its guests. For all the honeymooners Machan resort offers several extremely cosy treehouse accommodation options like the Canopy Machan, Starlight Machan, and the Sunset Machan .
With so many things to do and see in Lonavala, this petite little hill station serves as the perfect cosy honeymoon destination in India.